Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

My foundation routine!!

Hey! I'm new at blogging so please feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do to improve my blogs!
So I wanted to first blog about my foundation routine. On occasion I would receive compliments regarding my foundation and I definitely love the way my foundation feels on my skin.

First I am going to talk a bit about the products that I use and will give a brief description on what I do for my foundation routine.


This is my current foundation: Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear *Color:  bisque 3N*




Its around $30-40 but I absolutely recommend this if your skin is considered: sensitive, oily, or normal. My skin is dry/normal and I definitely enjoy this product! I ran out a few days ago and I am really hoping to get more soon! The finish is just amazing! The claim that it lasts long and all day is kind of a misconception, only because it works if you set it with a translucent powder. BUT OF COURSE, you have to always set your make up! Because its like a spilled oil on concrete, you have to put sand on it to let it soak in right? Of course, I'm not comparing our faces to concrete, I just wanted you to get a picture on what happens to our face when we apply a liquid foundation and then a powder. :)

So the other product that I use to moisturize my face is the:
This stuff is amazing! The feel is so refreshing! When you see it, the formula has small beads in it that are tan. The formula has fresh ingredients such as grapefruit and mango extracts that allow the face to feel fresh and it even wakes you up! I definitely recommend this product if you have money to spare! I know that its costly, but I gotta mention that it is $35 dollars :/ I know! But honestly its the best investment I have made so far! My friend and sister have tried it and they liked it a lot! My sister even bought one for herself! It does not matter what skin tone you have, this product will definitely blend with your skin tone. It has a small tint in the moisturizer that also would be just great to wear by itself! You wouldn't even need foundation and if you want coverage you can even use loose or press powder to top it off. :) On days where I feel lazy, I usually just apply this and MAC's studio fix to go throughout the day. It feels great!

For a primer, I like to use the Urban Decay's Pore perfecting complexion primer. It looks like this:




It smells like cake! If you are not used to a primer that is thick in formula and creamy, then this will definitely be a surprise! I like the finish, it starts off white and blends in your skin! It brightens your face up. I would say for people with pores, this would be a great primer. Other primers you can use that I know are definitely good are the Make-Up forever face primers! There are the green, yellow, blue and etc. colors that focus on problems your face might have. For example yellow is good for redness, green is good for acne and etc. I prefer you to ask a worker who is around to see which one is which. But if you know your face and how it reacts, then get the one that is best for you! I feel this primer really helps set in the foundation and I really like the coverage. This is good to use if you actually want to apply liquid foundation and have the time to do so.
So that is basically all the products that I use. On occasion I apply another moisturizer only because I'm accustomed to do so. 

SO my ROUTINE!! FINALLY. After all that ranting I am finally at the part where I feel is most important.

I usually apply my make up in the morning after I take a shower so I would already have some lotion on my face because my face gets really dry during the winter time. After I apply my lotion, I usually let it sit for five minutes(at least) to let it soak in, so I take this time to find my products and have them in front of me. I take my Urban Decay complexion primer and apply it to the areas that have pores. Such as my nose area and the inner cheek parts*I use my hands*. I then apply my Vitazing moisturizer to my whole face, using my fingers for application because it heats up the formula and helps blend the colors better. Taking a kabuki brush(or any brush for foundation, I like the kabuki only because its really good at blending) and put a little bit of foundation on my hand and use the brush to apply it onto my face. Starting from the center to the outer areas. If you have dark circles, use a concealer that is a bit lighter than your skin and apply where needed. Its best to apply concealer after ur liquid foundation. And for powder foundation, its best to apply concealer before you apply powder. I usually just use my liquid, but if you want to buy a concealer, I do like maybelline's 24 hour concealer that you can purchase at the drug store. Other expensive concealers work great, such as Kat Von D's tattoo concealer, Urban Decay's concealer, or even bobbi brown. So whatever your preference, just use what you have. 

So that is my foundation routine! I hope this blog helped. If you would like to see a video, lmk! :) Thanks for reading, and until next time, have an awesome day!!



1 comment:

  1. Love your Routine,I heard that the urban decay primer is really good...I have to try it as well.
    Thanks for this post =-)

    ReplyDelete